Sunday, February 22, 2009

This weekend I went to another city in Puebla called Cuetla or something. The cool thing about it is it has the highest mountains in the state. It was beautiful, humid and a little cold but actually the water from the waterfalls was really warm. I forgot my jacket so thus the picture of me with the scarf on my head! Haha. It was crazy to see the surrounding city though- there was actually plowing his field behind a horse-how different America is. I felt like I was traveling backwards in time a little. I dont know though, I might trade the crop dusters for the amazingness that is Mexico.

Some funny things from school- the little kids I teach make up English phrases all the time to communicate what they want- the favorite one is to precede every word with ¨and the¨... so the kids always say things like änd the bathroom, and the me, and the go¨! Haha its really cute!

Right now I am teaching kitchen class-which basically means we cook something with the kids and teach them all the words associated with the recipe and the process of making it. For part of one recipe I was using cinnamon, and typical for me I gave them each a tiny bit of cinnamon on their hands to taste. Haha two of the boys didnt like it so they just turned around and spit on the floor! Haha... I was in total shock I had no idea what to say, but not like it mattered since I cant speak enough Spanish to say what I wanted to...so I just laughed instead. That was a dumb idea because then all the kids turned around and started spitting all over the floor! I love Mexico.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I so LOVE that ALL the kids spit (typical little boys)
    and I think the city is Cueztlan I might be wrong though (probably)

    ReplyDelete